Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I have a blog now?

Wow. I never thought I'd see the day when I would create a blog. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those people who look down on bloggers, I am just realistic about my technology savvy...or lack thereof. I sometimes refer to myself as the Technology Angel of Death. The term may sound funny, but a bum PC, mortally injured printer, and crashed hard drive have removed most of the humor from the situation.
I am usually quite optimistic, but my most recent snafoo has got me seriously thinking about my relationship with electronics. A few weeks ago, my relatively new phone decided that it was unecessary for me to hear people when they called me. Naturally, I disagreed, but to no avail. I eventually got a new phone (the Pantech Matrix) with a keyboard. It's taking some getting used to, but I really like it so far.

As a result of all my unfortunate technological mishaps, I requested an external hard drive for my birthday. My family laments my habitually uncreative birthday and Christmas lists, but hey, losing everything on your computer makes one stop and think, ya know? Even though it is supposedly non-exciting, I was tickled when I received it in the mail. Tickled pink, that is. My dad got me one that is red and pink, and I think it adds some much needed pizazz to the world of gray and black electronics.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The name of my blog stemmed from several hours of indecisive searching and a supportive email from my sister. I must give a shout-out to her for being my inspiration. She is a writer, so her blogs are always amazingly funny and clever. Born and raised in the South, I try to live by the selfless and thoughtful manners my parents taught me through their actions and words. And while I love sweet tea (those of you who can stomach unsweet tea get a gold star because I just can't do it), I also have a spunky, outgoing personality that allowed me to move to another state and begin a brand new life in graduate school.

My life as a graduate student isn't filled with too much excitement, but I am so happy with the way things are going. I am entering my second year of graduate school in historic preservation and I am in love! Yes, old buildings get me going. I love to look at, live in, and preserve them. I hope to help educate people about why preserving and adaptively using historic buildings is such a wonderful idea. If you like to go green, then check out this field because there is a lot is going on.

With all that said, I will venture forth into the exciting world of blogging. My small group of friends and I keep ourselves entertained in one of the most beautiful cities in the country. I will seek to keep my blog lively and fresh, but forgive me any blogging faux pas!








1 comment:

  1. I love that historic buildings pic on your sidebar! And I can't wait to read more blog posts!!

    ReplyDelete